Friday, April 10, 2009

Tumbling Views of Silence


"I feel that I am flawed if I have a gay child."

I don't understand how one can be a parent and say that honestly. Especially since my Mother was the one who stated such. Tomorrow, mother and I are having a chat. Time for me to be firm and harsh. I predict she won't like the conversation, but I'm going to love it.

Day of Silence is coming up. The 17th. Participating? Why yes I am. Silence, wearing red, and doing it all. Woo.

Inside emotions still a tumble weed, tumbling round and round.

Not in the mood to write a long blog.

Short and sweet tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Stay strong.
    Gay? Fine by me. :) (t-shirts being sold on campus here this week)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you might be interested in the fact that I just watched "Milk" with the College Democrats...it was honestly one of the best movies I've ever seen. I was wondering if you had seen it...if you haven't, I think you should. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy your words. I will also be participating in the Day of Silence, your mother just doesn't understand that times are changing, and that people always choose different paths of destiny.
    I myself am gay, and have never found the world of the heterosexual to be great nor satisfying.
    Much Love MADISONthing

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't seen "Milk" Ali, but I've really wanted too! Maybe the next chance I get, I will rent that. I need something to do other than study anyways! ^_^

    And I agree Madison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people including our folks can be so narrow minded though they claim that they are more experienced in life. Besides that, they always teach us kids to accept people for what they are but they themselves can't do it!! It's totally hypocritical.

    There is nothing wrong with being gay. Gay people are human like heterosexual people too. Why discriminate?

    ReplyDelete